Creating a snap
A snap can be created from apps you’ve already built and zipped, or from your preferred programming language or framework.
The following is an outline of the typical snap build process:
- Install Snapcraft, the tool used to build snaps, and initialise your build environment
- Construct a snapcraft.yaml file to describes your snap’s build dependencies and run-time requirements
- Run snapcraft to build your snap
- Test and iterate over snapcraft.yaml until you’re satisfied with your snap
- Publish and share your snap on the Snap Store
For more details on the above process, including how to install snapcraft and how it’s used, see Snapcraft overview.
Quick start guides
To get a quick hands-on synopsis of the snapcraft build process, choose a language or platform walk-through from the following:
Last updated a month ago. Help improve this document in the forum.